These are the Terms of Service for using Kattis. The terms "We" and "Us" refer to Scrool AB (SE556811-6585), a Swedish corporation. Kattis is an online service (Software-as-a-Service, SaaS) offered by us.
By accessing Kattis, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing Kattis. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. License for content
Permission is granted to download the materials (information or software) on Kattis's website for viewing. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- copy the materials, unless a specific license allowing you to copy the content is shown;
- use the materials for commercial purposes, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial) without prior agreement with Kattis;
- attempt to decompile, reverse engineer or circumvent any security features in Kattis;
- remove any copyright, license or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person, "mirror" or "proxy" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Age requirements
To use kattis you need to be at least 13 years of age. If you are above 13 years of age, but have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live, your parent or legal guardian must consent to the Terms of Service for Kattis and affirm that they have read, accept, and bear responsibility for the terms of this agreement on your behalf.
4. User accounts
To use certain features in Kattis, you need to register a personal account. Accounts in Kattis are subject to the following rules and restrictions:
- When registering an account you will be asked to supply certain information, such as name, email, username and password. It is your responsibility to provide true, current and accurate information, including your real name which will be associated with your account. It is also your responsibilty to inform us in case the information needs to be updated.
- Your account can be accessed either through a combination of username and password (credentials), or through 3rd party authentication services. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your credentials. In particular, you may not share the password for your account. You must notify us immediately if you suspect your password has been compromised or if you notice any unauthorized access of your Kattis account.
- Your account is personal (i.e. a single account may not be shared by multiple people). You may only have one personal account. We do not allow "machine accounts" or "group accounts". However, as a part of some Kattis services, you may be assigned a separate service account by us in addition to your personal account.
- We reserve the right to refuse registration of an account, or to cancel existing accounts, at any time at our discretion.
- Access to an account does not imply any service guarantees.
5. License for submitted content
In some situation you may submit content to Kattis. When submitting content you grant us a non-excusive, non-revocable, royalty free, transferable right to store and use this content as we see fit. Your submitted content may be used for assessment, anti-cheating measures, demonstrations to third parties, analysis, advertisement and other purposes. Your submitted content may, or may not, be displayed in association with information from your profile in Kattis. You are responsible for ensuring that you have the rights or permission needed to grant this right to us.
You, or your licensors, retain ownership of the content submitted to Kattis, subject to the license above.
6. Automated access
You may operate a tool to automatically access content from Kattis, such a search engine, bot, scraper, data mining tool, bulk downloader, wget, submission client or similar. However, you are subject to the following rules when doing so:
- You must provide a descriptive useragent when connecting to Kattis
- You must obey robots.txt, X-Robots-Tag and relevant <meta> tags
- You must rate limit your access not to cause adverse effects on our services
- You must make it clear how to contact you in the user agent string, by supplying an e-mail or URL with contact information
- We reserve the right to ban any form of automated access at our discretion
- The materials on Kattis are provided on an 'as is' basis. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on our website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall we or our suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Kattis, even if we or our authorized representatives have been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
9. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Kattis could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials are accurate, complete or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However we do not make any commitment to update the materials within a specific timeframe.
We have not reviewed all of the sites linked from our website and are not responsible for the contents of any such linked sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site. Use any such linked website at your own risk.
We may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. If we decide to materially change all or part of the Terms, we will notify you through Kattis. By using Kattis you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
12. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Sweden and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden.